An absolutely delicious marmalade for those who like a little spice in their life!!
- 1kg Chillies (I used bell peppers, habaneros & long skinny chilli's, I deseed 1/2 the batch)
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups raw sugar
- 1 lemon rind, grated
- 1 orange rind, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- few sprigs of fresh rosemary, 1/2 tsp dried rosemary or a handful of french tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- Grill the chillies until they have blackened in spots and become soft, this took me about 3/4 hour in the oven at 180C.
- Fry the onion and garlic in a deep, heavy based pot until slightly blackened also.
- Add the red wine vinegar, lemon and orange juice and bring to a simmer then add the peppers.
- Add sugar, rind, salt and finely chopped herbs.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens.
- Blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Preserve in sterilised jar while still hot.
Serve with anything you like, I have it on crackers with goat's feta or hummus!
- Caesar salad dressing (WF, GF)
- Chilli Marmalade
- Chilli Relish
- Chimichurri dressing
- Date Paste
- Easy Sprouting
- Ginger & Date Chutney
- Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Italian Tomato Sauce (GF, WF, DF, EF)
- Lemon Butter
- Lime Chutney
- Moroccan Spice Mix (Ras al Hanout)
- Onion Relish (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Pear and Cinnamon Relish (DF, WF, GF, EF)
- Raw Nut White Sauce (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Tomato Relish (WF, GF, DF)
- Wasabi Salad Dressing (WF, GF, DF)