A favourite of all time for any food you can dream of putting a dollop on the side!
- 2kg Tomatoes, diced
- A few chilli's depending on your taste for chilli
- 2 Onions, diced
- 6 Cloves Garlic, diced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons Mustard seeds
- 2 cups White Vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons Cornflour
- 4 teaspoon Sugar
- In a deep pot fry the onion, garlic, salt, pepper and spices until the mustard seeds begin to pop.
- Add the chilli's and tomatoes and fry together for a few minutes until the tomatoes are starting to cook.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of vinegar and the sugar, bring to the boil, turn down to simmer.
- In a small saucepan heat the other 1/2 cup of vinegar, when simmering, add the cornflour and mix well. Add to the tomato pot and stir in well.
- Simmer for about 1 hour or until thick.
- While it is still hot, spoon into sterilised jars and label for storage.
- Caesar salad dressing (WF, GF)
- Chilli Marmalade
- Chilli Relish
- Chimichurri dressing
- Date Paste
- Easy Sprouting
- Ginger & Date Chutney
- Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Italian Tomato Sauce (GF, WF, DF, EF)
- Lemon Butter
- Lime Chutney
- Moroccan Spice Mix (Ras al Hanout)
- Onion Relish (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Pear and Cinnamon Relish (DF, WF, GF, EF)
- Raw Nut White Sauce (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Tomato Relish (WF, GF, DF)
- Wasabi Salad Dressing (WF, GF, DF)