This is a wonderful spice mix I use to toss vegetables in oil and roast them in the oven for a spicy vegetable medley. Whole florets of cauliflower are particularly scrumptious!!
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 6 cardamom pods, seeds only (or 2g cardamom powder)
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- In a frypan lightly dry roast the cumin, coriander, cardamom (only if you use the seeds from the pods), fennel and peppercorns. Cool slightly and finely grind in a coffee grinder or processor.
- Sieve to remove husks.
- Mix with the rest of the ingredients and store in airtight jars.
Use with seafood, poultry and as a rub for veggie bakes, on BBQ; in casseroles, soups and in rice.
- Caesar salad dressing (WF, GF)
- Chilli Relish
- Chimichurri dressing
- Date Paste
- Easy Sprouting
- Ginger & Date Chutney
- Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Italian Tomato Sauce (GF, WF, DF, EF)
- Moroccan Spice Mix (Ras al Hanout)
- Onion Relish (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Pear and Cinnamon Relish (DF, WF, GF, EF)
- Raw Nut White Sauce (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Red Pepper Marmalade
- Tomato Relish (WF, GF, DF)
- Wasabi Salad Dressing (WF, GF, DF)