The devine blend of simple Italian taste. This base tomato sauce can be used as a base sauce, a pour over fish, and to build richness in many recipes.
- 1 Onion
- 4 lge cloves of Garlic crushed
- 2 tbs of quality olive oil
- 800g of tomato (either can or fresh)
- pinch of salt
- good handful of fresh mixed Italian herbs (Oregano, Marjoram, Parsley, Rosemary, Thyme, Basil, Sage)
- In a pot fry the onions, garlic and oil, until soft.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil, simmer for 5mins
- Use a stick blender to combine.
This sauce is quick and easy, why not try using it in our Italian Vegetarian Lasagne.
- Caesar salad dressing (WF, GF)
- Chilli Marmalade
- Chilli Relish
- Chimichurri dressing
- Date Paste
- Easy Sprouting
- Ginger & Date Chutney
- Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Italian Tomato Sauce (GF, WF, DF, EF)
- Moroccan Spice Mix (Ras al Hanout)
- Onion Relish (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Pear and Cinnamon Relish (DF, WF, GF, EF)
- Raw Nut White Sauce (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Tomato Relish (WF, GF, DF)
- Wasabi Salad Dressing (WF, GF, DF)