Part 2: Improving the success rates of IVF where RIF is a factor
There are a number of fertility aspects natural medicine can help with, including preparing the body with Preconception Care, assistance with Artificial Reproductive Therapy cycles and support management all the way throughout pregnancy, and post pregnancy health. In conjunction with Naturopathic and Acupuncture intervention our practitioners also look at a balance of Lifestyle, Diet and Nutrition, Stress and Exercise according to your constitution and individual energy balance.
Natural Medicine has been shown to increase the embryo quality through increasing the quality of both the egg and the sperm components. Studies have shown the use Acupuncture and Naturopathic therapy with Diet and Nutrition and Lifestyle Choices are at the basis of Preconception resulting in quality embryo’s. Treatments can also assist with balancing hormonal function and initiating or regulating menstruation.
Patients participating in treatments of Acupuncture and Naturopathic intervention, have shown an increase of their endometrium (womb lining). Providing a healthy and plump environment for the implantation of the embryo for successful transfer. Increasing the flow of blood and qi (energy) to the uterus and the surrounding tissues. Here at Healthwise our treatments work in accordance with, and respect to, your fertility doctor’s instructions so as to ensure optimal pre-conception and pregnancy health.
Problems effecting the endometrium (womb lining) have also shown to be successfully treated by Naturopathy and Acupuncture, such as Fibroids, Uterine Scaring and some IVF medication side effects.
There is some research to say that identified immune cells are acting against implantation. It is still treated as controversial. However Natural Medicine can address and regulate the primary causes of immune disfunction and stress to eliminate possible problems such as miscarriage, pre-eclampsia and placental problems.
Although scaring of the uterus is difficult to treat, it can however increase the blood flow and qi movement in the pelvic area. This creates a better opportunity for implantation in the tissue which has not been effected by scaring. This however depends on the extent of scar tissue.
Sperm motility, morphology and count have all been shown to increase with Natural Medicine treatments. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) can be employed where sperm quantity and quality are compromised. This method improved fertilisation rates and allows for a greater number of good quality embryos to choose from, indirectly increasing the potential for successful implantation.
Don’t be deterred from treatments of Acupuncture or Natural Medicine if you have already commenced your journey for conception…
- IVF & Natural medicine; Why does recurrent implantation failure occur?
- IVF & Natural medicine; Improving the success rates of IVF
- IVF & TCM; Diagnosing your Infertility
- A Natural Approach to Preconception and Assisted Fertility
- Boosting your Fertility
- Acupuncture in the treatment of pain
- Breastfeeding support at HealthWise
- Learn acupressure for pain relief in labour
- Longevity and the Art of Ageing Well
- Simple solutions to Sinusitis
- Balancing the Doshas
- Top 3 Health Essentials
- Pantry Basics
- The health benefits of nuts
- Herbal medicine for Children
- Detoxification - what does it mean?
- Healing your Headaches
- The 5 Elements Theory
- The Restorative benefits of Nature & the theory of soft focus
- How to have healthy, radiant skin
- When to use Echinacea?
- David's India visit
- David's India trip Part 2: A visit to the barefoot acupuncturists of Mumbai
- David explores yoga and naturopathy in India
- What makes our practitioners tick?
- Zam's yoga retreat in India: A journey of yoga