Every year in winter I have an abundance of lemons that I have to find inventive ways of making use of them. This year I tried my hand at Lemon curd with a little extra rind as I like it zesty!
- 125g Butter
- 4 Tbsp Lemon rind (or more if you like it zesty too!)
- 1 cup Lemon juice
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Put a saucepan with about 2-3 inches of water in the bottom on the stove & bring to the boil. This will be your double steamer.
- Take a stainless steel bowl big enough to sit on top of the saucepan so the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water in the saucepan.
- Place the butter in the bowl & begin to melt it.
- Once butter is melted add the sugar, rind, lemon juice and stir until the sugar is starting to dissolve.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and add to the butter mixture, keep stirring.
- The mixture will slowly thicken, it is ready when you can run your finger along the stirring spoon & you leave a finger line.
- Place the melting bowl in the sink with a little cold water in the bottom of the sink to stop the cooking process & cool.
- Once it has cooled slightly pour into sterilised jars and refrigerate.
- It will thicken a little more once refrigerated.
- Caesar salad dressing (WF, GF)
- Chilli Marmalade
- Chilli Relish
- Chimichurri dressing
- Date Paste
- Easy Sprouting
- Ginger & Date Chutney
- Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Italian Tomato Sauce (GF, WF, DF, EF)
- Lemon Butter
- Lime Chutney
- Moroccan Spice Mix (Ras al Hanout)
- Onion Relish (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Pear and Cinnamon Relish (DF, WF, GF, EF)
- Raw Nut White Sauce (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Tomato Relish (WF, GF, DF)
- Wasabi Salad Dressing (WF, GF, DF)