For those who like their sweet chilli sauce with a little more kick!! I pick the chilli's from the garden and keep them in the freezer until I have enough for a batch, then look out taste buds!!
- 500g long red chillies, stems trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 750ml (3 cups) white vinegar
- 3 cups caster sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour, arrowroot or tapioca
- Coarsely chop the chillies and place in a food processor. Add garlic and 1 cup of vinegar, process until finely chopped.
- Place the chilli mixture and remaining vinegar in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the sugar and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally for 35-40 minutes
- Remove 1/2 cup of the sauce from the pot, mix in 2 tsp cornflour until lumps are removed, quickly stir back into the pot until the sauce thickens.
- Pour into sterilised airtight bottles and seal.
Delicious on corn fritters, potato cakes, rissoles or burgers.
- Caesar salad dressing (WF, GF)
- Chilli Marmalade
- Chilli Relish
- Chimichurri dressing
- Date Paste
- Easy Sprouting
- Ginger & Date Chutney
- Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Italian Tomato Sauce (GF, WF, DF, EF)
- Lemon Butter
- Lime Chutney
- Moroccan Spice Mix (Ras al Hanout)
- Onion Relish (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Pear and Cinnamon Relish (DF, WF, GF, EF)
- Raw Nut White Sauce (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Tomato Relish (WF, GF, DF)
- Wasabi Salad Dressing (WF, GF, DF)