- 15 Dates, soaked
- 400g dried shredded Coconut
- 25 Brazil nuts
- 9 dried Figs
- 1 espresso cup of Goji-berries-soaked
- 2 Avocados
- 1 small Banana
- 4 Tablespoons of extra virgin Coconut oil
- 4 Tablespoons of raw Cacao powder
- 3 Tablespoons of unprocessed Honey
- grated rind of 2 organic Citrus (such as oranges or Tangelos)
- Juice of 1/2 Orange or Tangelo
- 2-4 Tablespoons of Water
- some drops of liquid Stevia extract if you like it sweeter (optional)
- Round Tart pan with removable bottom, approximately 20cm diameter
- Crust: Put the dates, brazil nuts and coconut in a food-processor until it is nicely mixed together and has a sticky consistency.
- Rub some coconut oil in a round tart pan with removable bottom and press crust evenly and firmly (approx. 1cm thick, 4-5cm up the sides of the tin). Place in the fridge to cool.
- Filling: Place avocados, banana, gojis, figs, cacao powder, coconut oil, honey, juice and citrus rind (leaving a little for a garnish) in blender and process until smooth. Add stevia if more sweetness is desired.
- Pour in to crust and spread smoothly, garnish with remaining citrus rind. Place in the fridge for several hours to set. Enjoy!!
- This variation has little chewy bits and seeds in the filling from the figs, gojis and citrus rind which is very nice, however, to achieve a smooth textured filling put these ingredients in the crust.
- Crust: use the figs, coconut, brazil nuts, citrus rind and gojis, maybe add 1-2 Tablespoons of water to make spreadable, proceed as above recipe.
- Filling: use dates, avocados, banana, cacao powder, coconut oil, honey and citrus juice in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into crust as above.
Decorate with seasonal fresh fruit for a refreshing and delicious desert. Enjoy!!
- Almond praline (GF, WF, DF)
- American pumpkin pie (GF, WF)
- Cashew Lime Bars (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Chocolate Bean Brownie (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Creamy Chocolate Avocado Ice-cream (vegan)
- Millet Pudding (WF, DF)
- Raw Blueberry and Cashew Flan (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Raw Chocolate and Avocado Flan (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Raw Chocolate Flan (WF, GF, DF, EF)