- 1 cup dates soaked in 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups (1 x 400g can) black beans (I used red kidney beans)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup carob/cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cashew meal
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Optional: 1 teaspoon fresh chilli or chilli flakes
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 5 minutes to soften, drain.
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until a thick lump bounces around the machine.
- Chilli goes well with chocolate so add some if you like a little heat.
- Line a 15x25cm baking tray with baking paper and spoon in the mixture, flatten out with a spoon.
- Bake at 180C degrees (350F) for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares using a sharp knife.
This brownie tastes great straight out of the freezer and served with blueberries and ice-cream.
It also tastes great when not cooked and just frozen in slices.
- Almond praline (GF, WF, DF)
- American pumpkin pie (GF, WF)
- Cashew Lime Bars (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Chocolate Bean Brownie (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Creamy Chocolate Avocado Ice-cream (vegan)
- Millet Pudding (WF, DF)
- Raw Blueberry and Cashew Flan (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Raw Chocolate and Avocado Flan (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Raw Chocolate Flan (WF, GF, DF, EF)