A delicious summery salad featuring delicious Queensland mangoes.
- 1 packet of crunchy bean shoots
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 fresh cucumber
- 1-2 mangoes
- ¼-½ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1-2 teaspoons wheat-free soy sauce (tamari)
- 1 small handful fresh coriander or mint
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar (optional)
- Cut spinach leaves, capsicum flesh and cucumber into thin strips, roughly the same width and length as the bean shoots.
- Also chop the mango into strips, double the size of the vegetables.
- Mix together orange juice and soy sauce. If using palm sugar, add 1 tablespoon of boiling water to make into a paste. Combine this with orange and soy mix.
- Toss the bean shoots, capsicum, cucumber, mangoes, and shredded coriander together with the dressing.
- Garnish with freshly toasted pine nuts.
NB. This salad is best made (and eaten) fresh as it does not keep well.
- Basil and Cashew Pesto (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- BBQ warm sweet potato 'man salad' (WF, GF)
- Beetroot and lentil salad (WF, GF)
- Carrot, Coconut and Walnut Salad (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Chickpea and Mint Salad (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Dairy-free tofu ricotta cheese alternative (GF, WF, DF)
- Green hummus (WF, GF, DF)
- Mediterranean eggplant salad (WF, GF, DF)
- Queensland summer salad (WF, GF, DF)
- Red quinoa salad (WF, GF, DF)
- Roasted Beetroot Dip (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Rice salad (WF, GF, DF)
- Summer corn salad (GF, WF, DF)