This recipe was shared with us by a patient of ours and we've all adopted it as our own!
Adam has advised us that this is a great winter salad and no dressing is needed as the cooked tomato juice and the feta 'juice' are dressing enough!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 can beetroot wedges (2-3 freshly roasted)
- 5-6 cups baby spinach (more if you like leafy salads)
- 100-200g sheep or goat feta
- 1/4 -1/2 cup pine nuts or macadamia nuts
- BBQ the cherry tomatoes whole, until soft and wrinkly.
- Cut sweet potato into chunks, roughly the size of the beetroot wedges. Par boil or roast until they are soft, then BBQ until lightly charred.
- Chop the feta into 1-2cm cubes.
- While still warm, toss the sweet potato and tomato through the rest of the ingredients.
- Lightly toast the nuts and sprinkle on top.
- This is well suited to a BBQ, as it goes great with vege burgers or - for the carnivores - lamb, pork, beef or salmon.