I love this easy salad with its crunchy chickpeas and fresh tasting mint.
I can't tell you how yummy chickpeas are when they are freshly sprouted and made into this salad, they taste nutty and crunchy & there are no adverse effects that beans can have on the tummy!!
- 1 cup chickpeas sprouted for 3-4 days (they will expand to about 2 cups). See our Easy Sprouting section
- 1-2 cans (400gm) chickpeas (If I'm in a hurry I use canned)
- 1 bunch fresh mint (I have also used basil, parsley, dill or french tarragon)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Oil (Flaxseed, Olive or Grapeseed)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Vinegar (Balsamic, Red Wine vinegar or Apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Finely dice the mint and mix all ingredients together.
- Serve with a medley of salads such as our BBQ Warm Sweet Potato salad