This quick bread is a great, tasty way to use left-over zucchini during the summer months when zucchini is in season.
Makes two loaves
- 3 cups plain flour or gluten-free plain flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup tahini (optional: Black tahini as pictured)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup soy yoghurt
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC. Prepare two 9" x 5" loaf pans.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, tahini, oil, soy yogurt and honey until well blended. Add the zucchini and dry ingredients, mixing until just blended.
- Spread into the prepared loaf pans and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.