This simple quick bread recipe is delicious and is excellent on its own or alongside a hearty chili or soup. For a vegan version, substitute the eggs for the equivalent of 3 eggs using Egg Replacer.
Makes one 9" x 5" loaf
- 2/3 cups unsweetened plain soy milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup corn flour
- 1 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC. Lightly oil a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy milk and the vinegar until well mixed and slightly thickened. Refrigerate for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and dried thyme until well mixed.
- In another medium-sized bowl, using an electric hand mixer or processor at medium speed, mix the eggs and brown sugar until pale yellow and well combined. Add in the soy milk mixture and the oil, mixing until just combined. In several additions, add the dry mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake until golden brown, about 25 to 35 minutes.