Seed Bread is a no knead, no flour, butter, rising agent, no fuss nutty bread that is great alongside a bowl of soup.
- 1 & 1/2 cups rolled oats (get the gluten free ones if you are a coeliac)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts or almonds
- 1/2 cup flaxseeds
- 2 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 4 Tbsp Psyllium seed husks (3 Tbsp if using psyllium husk powder)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 & 1/2 cups (350ml) water
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1 Tbsp Molasses, Maple syrup or Treacle (use a pinch of stevia for sugar-free diets)
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients together and pour into a flexible, silicon loaf pan.
- In a small saucepan bring water, coconut oil and molasses to the boil, simmer and mix until the oil is melted.
- Pour the water mix over the top of the dry mix in the loaf pan and mix very well until all ingredients are soaked and moist (if there are dry patches add 1-2 teaspoons of water until the dough is all moist).
- Smooth out the top with the back of a spoon and let sit on the counter for at least 2 hours or overnight. To ensure the dough is ready it should retain it's shape when the sides of the loaf pan are pulled away.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C (350F)
- Place loaf pan on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove it from the loaf pan and place upside down directly on a hot tray for another 30-40 minutes.
- Bread is cooked when it sounds hollow when tapped. Let cool completely before slicing (difficult but important or it will crumble)
- Stores great in a tightly sealed container wrapped in grease-proof paper to keep it fresh for up to 5 days. Freezes well too - slice before freezing for quick and easy toast!!