This delicious and nutritious soup may be served warm on a cold winter's day or chilled in the summer.
2 cups red lentils (do not need soaking)
3 bay leaves
Cumin, coriander or curry powder, to taste
Mixed vegetables (e.g. cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, French beans, pumpkin), chopped into bite size pieces
Tamari, to taste
Apple juice, to taste
- Add lentils, bay leaves, spices and vegetables into a large saucepan and cover with water. Boil until lentils and vegetables are soft.
- Puree lentil and vegetable mixture.
- Adjust taste with tamari and apple juice.
- Carrot soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Chilled tomato soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Creamy mushroom soup (WF, GF, WL*)
- Dairy-free Cream of Mushroom Soup (GF, WF, DF)
- Lettuce soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Mushroom and oregano soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Pumpkin soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Red lentil and vegetable soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Spicy potato soup (WF, GF, DF)