A delicious, warming soup that can be enjoyed as a starter or a meal in itself!
1 kg pumpkin, cubed
500g potatoes, cubed
500g onions, diced
500g tomatoes (fresh or canned), diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup parsley, chopped
2 bay leaves
Coriander, chopped, to taste (optional)
½ teaspoon ginger, grated (optional)
1L vegetable stock or water
- In a large saucepan, boil all ingredients until vegetables are soft. More water can be added if required.
- Once soft, blend thoroughly and serve steaming hot.
- A teaspoon of cream or yoghurt (if desired) on top and a sprinkle of nutmeg can also be added before serving.
To enhance flavour, a dessertspoon of miso paste can be stirred through the soup once cooked.
- Carrot soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Chilled tomato soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Creamy mushroom soup (WF, GF, WL*)
- Dairy-free Cream of Mushroom Soup (GF, WF, DF)
- Lettuce soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Mushroom and oregano soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Pea & Mint Soup (dairy free)
- Pumpkin soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Red lentil and vegetable soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Spicy potato soup (WF, GF, DF)