A true comfort soup! Mushrooms are sweet and have a cooling nature. They support the digestion, build energy, moisten the body and reduce phlegm.
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 300g of mushrooms
- a pinch of oregano
- a knob of butter or drizzle of olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 500ml milk or soy milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- a sprig of parsley
- Chop the vegetables.
- Melt the butter/oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic with salt & pepper until transparent.
- Add the potato, mushrooms and oregano and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the water and simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Add the milk/soymilk, bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly then blend until smooth.
- Reheat to serving temperature and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve with some hot damper bread or savoury scones.
- Carrot soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Chilled tomato soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Creamy mushroom soup (WF, GF, WL*)
- Dairy-free Cream of Mushroom Soup (GF, WF, DF)
- Lettuce soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Mushroom and oregano soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Pumpkin soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Red lentil and vegetable soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Spicy potato soup (WF, GF, DF)