A nutritious soup perfect for an entrée or light meal.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter (or dairy-free alternative)
- 750g carrots, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup natural rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cream (optional)
- Sprig of mint, to garnish
Brown onion in butter until golden.
Add carrots, chicken stock, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Simmer 30 minutes until carrots are well cooked.
Add rice and mint leaves, heating but do not boil.
Serve with cream (if desired) and garnish with the mint.
- Carrot soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Chilled tomato soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Creamy mushroom soup (WF, GF, WL*)
- Dairy-free Cream of Mushroom Soup (GF, WF, DF)
- Lettuce soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Mushroom and oregano soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Pea & Mint Soup (dairy free)
- Pumpkin soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Red lentil and vegetable soup (WF, GF, DF)
- Spicy potato soup (WF, GF, DF)