A risotto recipe we designed from one of our favourite NSW Northern Rivers cafes.
- 5 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups (440g) arborio rice or brown rice
- 2 lemons, rind finely grated
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Heat the stock in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion. Cook for about 3 minutes or just until soft. Add the rice and stir until well coated in the oil.
- Add 1 cup of the hot stock and cook, stirring often, until the stock is absorbed. Continue adding the hot stock, 1 cup at a time, stirring until the stock is absorbed and the rice is just tender.
- Stir the lemon rind and grated parmesan through the risotto and then season to taste. Fold three-quarters of the basil through the risotto.
- Divide among serving dishes. Season with freshly ground pepper, top with the remaining basil and serve.
- Aromatic nut roast with tomato molé (WF, GF, DF)
- Basil & lemon risotto (WF, GF)
- Caribbean sweet potato gratin (WF, GF, DF)
- Carrot and nut loaf (WF, GF, DF)
- Channa Masala (WF, GF, DF)
- Coconut curry rice with tofu (GF, WF, DF)
- Dal makhani (WF, GF, DF)
- Eggplant and chickpea casserole (WF, GF, DF)
- Italian Vegetarian Lasagne (WF, GF, DF, EF)
- Macadamia stuffed Mushrooms (WF, GF, DF)
- Mango, pumpkin and chickpea curry (WF, GF, DF)
- Millet and cashew pilaf (WF, GF, DF)
- Millet stuffed pumpkin (WF, GF, DF)
- Mushroom and bean burgers (GF, WF, DF)
- Mushroom and goat's feta risotto (WF, GF)
- Mushrooms filled with spiced quinoa (WF, GF)
- Paneer and vegetable curry (WF, GF, DF)
- Pigs in a blanket (WF, GF, DF)
- Pumpkin, apricot and tofu risotto (WF, GF, DF)
- Pumpkin, Spinach, Ginger & Tofu Curry (GF, WF, DF)
- Stuffed zucchini (WF, GF, DF)
- Tofu patties (WF, GF, DF)
- Tomato and mushroom ragu with polenta
- Vegetable curry with flat bread (WF, GF, DF)
- Vegetable paella (WF, GF, DF)